Thursday, August 22, 2013

Baby Girl - Week 24


Baby Blog

How Far Along:  24 weeks

Maternity Clothes: Yup. In fact, I just got some more shirts! Yay for being clothed!

Best Moment This Week: Probably the best thing about this week is getting to 24 weeks. Week 24 is a big week in that by now she has all her vital organs and her lungs are developing. In the medical world, she could likely survive on her own outside of the womb. Also, it is now illegal to perform an abortion - not that that was ever an option for us – but medically speaking, it’s officially off the table, even for the doctors. So, getting to week 24 is big, and I love/can’t believe that we’re 6 months along!

Gender: Girl!

Movement: Lots. I mainly feel her in the mornings and the late evenings before I go to bed. She’s started kicking more, too – just waiting for it to be a bit more consistent.

Size and Development: She’s the length of a cantaloupe or an ear of corn – almost a whole foot! Her skin is becoming more opaque and pinkish, and she’s weighing over a pound now.

Food Cravings: Sweets – not intensely, but I have wanted them more lately.

What I Miss: Working out at a normal pace. I can still swim and go on my elliptical, but sometimes when I go for a walk, I get cramps. My doctor said my ligaments are just still stretching and adjusting, but I still find it weird that it pretty much only happens when I go for a walk.

Sleep: Still really good – hoping it lasts for a long time!

What I am looking forward to: Feeling more kicks. It’s happening more often, but I can’t wait until it’s more consistent and other people can feel her kick.

Symptoms: The eye twitching has stopped – at least for now. However, my belly keeps growing. I really feel like I popped more this week – definitely more of a bump. 

1 comment:

Team Lawrence said...

Holy cow, six months! For some reason that sounds so much longer than 24 weeks ha ha

Love you and your family. Excited to see you continue to grow <3