Friday, August 9, 2013

Baby Snider - Week 16


Baby Blog

How Far Along: 16 weeks

Maternity Clothes: Yes. Pretty much all the time. I bought a belly band this week – it’s a piece of fabric that goes around my belly to keep up my pants that I have to unbutton.

Best Moment This Week: Hearing the baby’s heartbeat for the first time at our last doctor’s appointment. It was super short because she didn’t keep the device on my belly for very long, but it was awesome!

Gender: Unknown – 3 more weeks and counting.

Movement: None yet.

Size and Development: Baby is the size of an avocado – mmm…avocados. The bones in his or her ears are forming and hair, lashes, and eyebrows are forming.

Food Cravings: Nothing in particular, however, I realized that whenever I eat something with condiments, I HAVE to have a bunch or that condiment. Like I don’t want some ketchup with my fries – I HAVE to have a lot of ketchup! I also love sour cream. I’ve always like sour cream, but now I want a ton of it with my Mexican food and tortilla chips. (I’m aware of the fat and sugar content of both ketchup and sour cream, so I’m careful – but hey – a girl has her vices).

What I Miss: Fitting into my old clothes and being able to exercise at my old intensity level.

Sleep: It depends on the night. Some nights I sleep great, other nights I toss and turn a lot. I’ve added more pillows to help with finding a comfortable position.

What I am looking forward to: Our next ultrasound in three weeks. I’m just counting down the days until we find out if our Little One is a boy or a girl!

Symptoms: Not a whole lot of symptoms other than my growing belly. If there is even a little pressure on my belly, I’m able to feel that there is something different in there. It’s weird and so cool at the same time!

No comments: