Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Baby Girl - Week 27


Baby Blog

How Far Along:  27 weeks

Maternity Clothes: All the time.

Best Moment This Week: Getting to talk to other mom’s about birthing/baby stuff. Life’s been busy, so I haven’t had a lot of chances to get advice from my friend’s that are moms. A few of us were hanging out, and they are giving me advice on birthing classes and techniques and what to register for (and not register for), etc. It was helpful and so good to just chat with other women about kids.
  
Gender: Girl.

Movement: She’s moving a lot and often. Excited for more obvious kicks to start happening.

Size and Development: This week, our little girl is the size of a rutabaga – and since I don’t recall having ever seen a rutabaga, I have no idea what this means. Apparently, she’s about 13.6-14.8 inches long and 1.5-2.2 pounds. Her brainstem is almost fully developed and her cerebral cortex is growing more and more as well.

Food Cravings: Ice cream. It’s been hot, so ice cream has been my dessert of choice.

What I Miss: Doing some things on my own. I don’t typically mind help, but I also hate to put people out, so when it’s been humbling asking for help or accepting when people offer to help me do things.

Sleep: Still pretty good. I change positions often, but I’m usually ok as long as I have a pillow between my legs.

What I am looking forward to: We have another ultrasound next week (September 18th). I’m excited to get to see her pretty face again!

Symptoms: Fatigue – I’m getting tired more easily especially if I’ve been walking or standing a lot. And my feet have been getting really hot and take a long time to cool down. Ice packs have been delightful for this symptom. 


About a month ago, my mom, sister, and sister-in-law gave me some adorable baby outfits. My mom also made Baby Girl a couple of hats. I mentioned it in a previous blog, but I forgot to post pictures. So here are the two hats that my mom made for her granddaughter, as well as the adorable dress that my mother-in-law gave us when we were visiting Sacramento a couple of weeks ago. 





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darling! Happy for you, mama.

<3

Nicole McG