Monday, September 23, 2013

Baby Girl - Week 29


Baby Blog

How Far Along:  29 weeks

Maternity Clothes: Yup – at this point, this is kind of a stupid question to answer.

Best Moment This Week: Seeing baby girl on an ultrasound! We had a 28 week ultrasound to check and make sure she was growing well and that all was good – and it is! The doctor said the ultrasound is normal and she is growing well. We loved seeing her again. We even got to see her swallow and then lick her lips. It was awesome! I never thought I would say that a baby swallowing was so cool – but it is amazing what she is able to do already!
            We’re also 99% sure we’ve chosen a name. We’re not sharing the name until she’s born, but it definitely feels good to know that we have a name picked out. The 1% is that it’s not official until it’s on a legal document, and we’re giving ourselves permission to change our minds if we want. As of now, though, we have her name.

Gender: GIRL!

Movement: Very regularly. I love getting to feel her off and on throughout the day. It feels like it’s her way of saying, “Hey, Mom, I’m still here.” Love it!

Size and Development: This week, she’s the size of an acorn or butternut squash. She’s about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long, and because of our ultrasound, we know that she’s over 3 pounds already! Side note: this kind of freaks me out because according to one of my pregnancy apps, she should triple in weight before she’s born. Eek! I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised since I was over 9 pounds when I was born. Welp – there’s no turning back now. :D

Food Cravings: I still love ice cream, and with fall beginning, I’ve wanted all things pumpkin. I’ve also wanted to bake, but I’m not sure if that is fall kicking off or an actual craving. Regardless, I made pumpkin cookies tonight, which satisfied multiple cravings.

What I Miss: Being able to go at my normal speed. I miss being able to do more, carry more, walk faster, last longer on my feet, etc. With that said, I’m the type of person that could lay around all day and watch movies if I’d let myself. So having a legitimate reason to slow down is not the end of the world, it just makes things difficult on those days I can’t take a break.

Sleep: Ok. The sleep itself is good, but I have to change positions often. Also, my hips are hurting when I sleep, even though I have a pillow between my legs. I’m going to try a thicker pillow to try to keep my knees separated more.

What I am looking forward to: My showers! My best friend and sister-in-law are throwing me a shower in Sacramento, and I got my invitation in the mail the other day. I also have some great friends throwing me a shower here in San Diego. I feel so blessed by these people to throw these showers for me, and I’m so looking forward to them. Also, it’s a huge relief to have the registry done! It was really stressing me out, but now (with the exception of a few things) it is complete!

Symptoms: Aching hips, fatigue, and sore feet at the end of the day, oh, and my growing belly that moves quite often. :D

No comments: