Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Baby Girl - Week 26



Baby Blog

How Far Along:  26 weeks

Maternity Clothes: Yes – and my mother-in-law blessed me with a ton of new maternity clothes!!! I’m so excited to have more clothes that actually fit!

Best Moment This Week: I have two moments again this week. The first one was when Chris’ parents bought Baby Girl her first pair of Toms and another adorable pair of shoes.

The second is that my family got to feel her kick. It was very special to me to have them feel her. Now I just need her to kick when I’m around my in-laws so they can feel her, too!!!

Gender: Girl – hence the pink Toms. :D

Movement: Lots of movement – enough for others to feel her kick!

Size and Development: This week, Baby Girl is the size of a head of lettuce – about 14 inches or so, and weighs right around 2 pounds. Her eyelashes are growing and her immune system is developing by getting antibodies from me. Also, her lungs are developing much more and her skin is getting more of it’s color. Grow, baby, grow!

Food Cravings: Same stuff – nothing crazy.            

What I Miss: My family. Being pregnant makes you think a lot about the future, and although we’re in the same state, I wish my family were closer so they could be just down the street as Baby Girl grows up. Seeing them last week was awesome, and it made me want to be around them even more!

Sleep: Pretty good. Last week, I woke up with pain in my hip. I thought I had just slept on it wrong, so I didn’t think anything of it. The next night, both hips hurt. I put a pillow between my knees while I slept and voila – hip pain went away. Trying to always remember to put that pillow between my knees because it’s no fun to wake up with two sore hips.

What I am looking forward to: Our next ultrasound. We have one scheduled in 2 weeks, and I can’t wait to get to see her little face again!

Symptoms: Hip pain while I sleep – thank goodness for my plush, king sized pillow!

                                        [Her adorable new shoes from Grandma & Grandpa Snider]

No comments: