Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Baby Girl - Week 38



Baby Blog

How Far Along:  38 weeks – we are down to a matter of DAYS here, people! Yes, it could still be a couple of weeks, but it could just be days. So crazy that we are at this point. At the doctor’s appointment this week, Chris looked at me and said, “Week 38, WOW.” It was a surreal moment to think we are almost at the end of this pregnancy journey.

Maternity Clothes: Yes.

Best Moment This Week: Finishing painting the furniture for the baby’s room. We also borrowed a bassinet from a friend, so it was exciting to bring it home and get it ready for Baby Girl.

Gender: Girl.

Movement: Still lots of movement, and now I’m starting to feel pressure/pain in my pelvis. Although the pain is not awesome, it’s good to know she’s moving in the right direction. :D

Size and Development: She’s the size of a pumpkin this week – mmm-pumpkin pie. She’s about 19.5-20 inches long and probably weighs around 6.5-7 pounds. This week, she’s full term, and her organs are developed, although her lungs may still be developing. She could have an inch of hair on her head. I hope she has hair when she’s born, and I wonder what color it is and if it’ll change.

Food Cravings: Nothing really in particular. Still love junk food/dessert, so I’m trying to eat those veggies that never seem to sound good.

What I Miss: I’m starting to miss my old self/body. I know that I’m gaining weight for a very important reason; however, I’m excited to get my old body back. I’ve lost the weight before, so I know I can do it again, and I’m excited to have my baby and my body. :D

Sleep: It’s still going good and that’s such a blessing. I think that because I’m still working and doing a lot, I’m just so exhausted that I conk out as soon as I hit the pillow. I’ve had a little mild sleep insomnia, but I can eventually get back to sleep and it doesn’t happen every night.

What I am looking forward to: Finishing the nursery. We’ve finished painting the furniture, and now we can put the room together. So ready and excited to have it done!

Symptoms: A little swelling in my feet and legs, some back pain, and fatigue. I’ve also had some trouble breathing, especially while sleeping. I think she’s starting to get lower, though, so the breathing has improved over the last coupld of days. Overall, I feel like I’m doing well, and I just keep moving. However, a nap does sound nice. One other symptom that I’ve had for most of the pregnancy that I forgot to mention before is that I’ve started to lose my filter on my mouth. HA. Maybe I think I can get away with more because I’m pregnant, but I often just say what I’m thinking before I think it through. It’s kind of freeing to speak my mind, but I have to be careful not to get myself in trouble.

You Know You’re Pregnant When: You have to go pee two times in 30 minutes, and you have a foot/hand/butt stuck in your rib cage for the better part of the day.

No comments: