Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Baby Girl - Week 36


Baby Blog

How Far Along:  36 weeks – 4 weeks! 1 month! 30 days! We are literally in the last weeks of the pregnancy – crazy!

Maternity Clothes: I actually have an update on this one! I forgot to write about it last week, but I finally broke down and bought a nursing bra. I was starting to fall out of my normal bra, so I thought it was time to get a bigger one. Since I was buying a new bra, I thought it would be smart to go ahead and get a nursing bra while I was at it.

Best Moment This Week: Yesterday, Chris and I were talking about her name. We were discussing how we want to spell it and what her middle name should be. It was fun to call her by name and pick the perfect spelling for our girl’s name.

Also, today at my OB appointment, my nurse checked my cervix and she said that things are progressing. This made me feel so good that body is doing what it’s supposed to do. It also made me super excited to know that we are getting so close!

Gender: Girl!

Movement: There’s still lots of movement, but it’s sometimes a little uncomfortable.

Size and Development: She’s still about 18 inches long and around 6 pounds – about the size of a honeydew melon. All of her systems and organs should be in full working condition, but her lungs still have a bit of maturing to do.

Food Cravings: Still hot chocolate and sweets – basically any junk food. I’m really trying to get my fruit and vegetable intake, but it’s hard when they don’t sound good. 

What I Miss: This is kind of petty, but I miss eggs cooked over well and cold deli meat. All eggs need to be fully cooked and deli meat needs to be heated up to kill any bacteria. It’s not all bad, but eggs benedict or a cold turkey sandwich sound pretty good.

Sleep: Sleeping is still really good. It takes a minute to get comfortable, but I’m happy that I’m still getting really good sleep.

What I am looking forward to: That moment when I realize I’m going into labor. Maybe my water will break; maybe I’ll just start having contractions – who knows? But I’m excited for that moment – to know I’m getting ready to meet my baby girl.

Symptoms: I still have a really bad pain in my left foot. It’s in the ball of my foot and sends a shooting pain to my 3rd and 4th toes. I thought it might be plantar fasciitis, but I have no heel pain, so I’m really not sure what’s going on. I think it’s due to the extra weight I’m carrying, and I hope it goes away after her delivery.

You Know You’re Pregnant When: You stick a bag of lettuce in the freezer while putting away groceries. When I realized it, I tried to defrost it, but that didn’t go over well. Early on in my pregnancy, I knew I was pregnant when I poured water in my cereal. I definitely got a kick out of that one.  

No comments: