Monday, November 18, 2013

Baby Girl - Week 37


Baby Blog

How Far Along:  37 weeks – I’m considered early term now (full term is 39 weeks). Baby girl could come at any time, and if she did, she would be strong and developed enough to not have any complications.

Maternity Clothes: Yup. I was packing my hospital bag, and didn’t pack any maternity clothes. I did pack loose clothing and comfy sweats, but it’s weird to think that pretty soon, I won’t be strictly wearing maternity clothes.

Best Moment This Week: Spending time with some close friends this past weekend. Life is about to change - a lot, and so going out with friends (without needing a baby sitter) won’t happen for much longer. With the busyness of life, I’m trying to soak in as much of life as it is now before Baby Girl gets here. I think this means Chris and I should go on one last date night before she comes, too. :D

Gender: Girl.

Movement: Often. She’s been getting the hiccups a lot lately. It’s funny, but feels a bit weird since it’s a consistent pulse.

Size and Development: She’s about the size of a wintermelon (whatever that is), and weighs probably 6-7 pounds and is around 19 inches long. Now that everything is developed, she just continues to gain weight and is practicing skills for the outside world like sucking, gripping, inhaling, and exhaling.

Food Cravings: The usual hot chocolate and sweets. Still love me my condiments.

What I Miss: Being able to lift and move things as well as squat and move like I used to. It’s nice to have people offer to help, but sometimes, I just wish I could get stuff done myself and move around like a non-pregnant woman.

Sleep: Sleep is still going well. My hips often hurt in when I sleep, but I can usually turn over and it will ease the pressure. I wake up often to pee, but when I’m asleep, I’m out.

What I am looking forward to: This is my last week of work at Sylvan and my last full week at the Café. Things have been crazy with work, events at church, getting ready for Baby Girl and Chris working to get ready for Christmas at church. I’m so excited for things to slow down a little before Baby Girl arrives, and working one less job will help with that!

Symptoms: My foot is still causing me problems, but it’s not hurting quite as bad or often, which is a huge blessing! I also still get heartburn occasionally, mostly after eating greasy foods. And I’m waddling – a lot! :D

You Know You’re Pregnant When: You make a crockpot of soup for dinner, and realize the next day (after eating leftovers) that you forgot to put ANY seasonings in the soup. I thought it tasted a bit bland, but just didn’t realize I didn’t put anything in it. I thought it was even more ridiculous that I didn’t realize it until after I ate leftovers. You also know you’re pregnant when you go through toilet paper like water. I swear we have to buy a 12 pack of TP every 1-2 weeks. Chris reminds to me to “spare a square,” but I just pee a lot!

No comments: