Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Baby Girl - Week 35


Baby Blog

Starting this week, I’m adding one more question/answer at the end: “You Know You’re Pregnant When…” These are things I’ve done this week or throughout my pregnancy that just prove (on top of my protruding bump) that I’m definitely pregnant.

How Far Along: 35 weeks

Maternity Clothes: Really?!

Best Moment This Week: My SD baby shower! My good friends Lacy, Brie, Micah, and Briana threw me a shower here in San Diego. I had some friends and family come in from out of town, too, to celebrate with us. It was a lot of fun, and I feel so blessed to have great friends who treat us like family here in SD.

Gender: Girl!

Movement: Yes. There’s less flipping and flutters and more major pokes and jabs. I think she’s just losing room in there and doesn’t have the space to flip flop around.

Size and Development: Baby girl is now the size of a coconut (which actually seems smaller than a butternut squash from last week, but we’ll say it’s a large coconut). She’s about 18 inches long and about 5 and a half pounds. Her hearing is fully developed and her circulatory and musculoskeletal systems are also developed. She’s pretty much done with development, so now she’s just gaining more weight and her lungs are maturing a bit more.

Food Cravings: Sweets and hot chocolate. In fact, my friend Micah, who helped throw my baby shower, made hot chocolate to serve at the shower. It was so thoughtful of her to provide the drink I’d been craving!

What I Miss: Currently – Eggnog. I really wanted some eggnog, so I poured myself a glass and then realized there is egg yolk in eggnog. Some eggnogs use pasteurized eggs, which would be safe to drink, but the brand I have does not. Sad face, commence.

Sleep: Sleep is pretty good. Still lots of tossing and turning

What I am looking forward to: Working on her room. Chris and I bought the paint needed to paint the dressers, and we have all the plans needed to finish the room. Now it’s just a matter of finding time to get it all done. Chris is converting one of our dressers into a changing table, and he’s building a Murphy bed so we can still use the room as a guest room when needed. Then we just need to paint the furniture and build the crib, and we’re good to go! (Pictures to come!)

Symptoms: Tiredness, sore back, and a new one: a shooting pain in my left foot. It’s as if there is a nerve in the ball of my foot that when I walk on it, it shoots a pain through my 3rd and 4th toes. At first it only happened occasionally – now it’s all the time. BOO! Can’t say for sure it’s a direct symptom, but since it started during the pregnancy, I’m claiming it as a symptom.

You Know You’re Pregnant When: You get a letter returned to you because you tried to mail it without an address written on it (but I did remember the stamp)! You know you’re pregnant when you plan all day on going to a meeting at 7:30pm, then at 8:40pm you realize you forgot to go to said meeting.

Hope you enjoyed my new segment, and I’m sure there will be plenty more to come! 

No comments: