Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Baby Snider: Week 6


Baby Blog

How Far Along: 6 weeks

Maternity Clothes: Nope

Best Moment This Week: Telling our parents that we’re pregnant! We sent bibs to my parents and siblings and Chris’ parents to open and surprise them. We told my mom it was an early Mother’s Day gift. She opened the box and said, “No! Are you serious?!” Then everyone started screaming! We were Face Timing, so we recorded it all. The next day we Face Timed Chris’ parents. We told his dad it was a late birthday gift, and that his mom’s early Mother’s Day gift was in there, too. They were shocked when they opened the box. Mom started crying and Dad was all smiles. Then Mom asked if she could start shopping now.

Gender: Don’t know – but we are calling him/her Uno, since this is the first grand baby on both sides of the family. Plus, we already have Ace.

Movement: None.

Size and Development: Uno is the size of a sweet pea – super tiny! Uno is beginning to develop his/her eyes, ears, nose, and mouth.

Food Cravings: None. Just hungry all the time.

What I Miss: Nothing yet.

Sleep: Good. I often have to pee in the night, but I’ve always gone to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I’ve been waking up earlier, though, because my mind starts thinking about the baby and gets all excited that I can’t sleep.

What I am looking forward to: Telling everyone about the baby. We’ve told family and close friends, but I can’t wait to tell more friends and go public with the news!

Symptoms: Exhaustion! I’m tired all the time. I’m emotional, although this comes in waves – and it literally just hits me out of nowhere. I’m hungry most of the time, so I eat a lot of small meals all day. I have some mild cramping and occasional stomach aches, and my breasts are sore. Overall, though, I feel really good.

No comments: