Monday, January 27, 2014

One Month

Hello All!
Since the last time we were here, I had a baby. :D I still need to go back and write her birth story, but for now, here is her one month update (a couple weeks late. Hey, I just had a baby so I'm trying to cut myself some slack). 

One Month

Weight: about 9.5 pounds

Height: about 21 inches
(She had a two week check up instead of a one month checkup, so these are just guesses based on how she's growing and my home scale
).

Sleep: She's a pretty good sleeper. She usually only wakes up 1-2 times per night, often sleeping in 4-5 hour stretches. Occasionally she'll wake up more, but she usually sleeps well.

Size/Diaper: She's in newborn diapers and clothes. When she was first born, even the 0-3 month clothes were too big. After a couple of weeks she was able to fit into some 0-3 clothes, but she's mainly in newborn. I was pretty surprised by this. She was 8lb 11oz when she was born, so I thought for sure she'd be out of the newborn stuff. Wrong.

Diet: Breast milk.

Baby Gear Love: I love my breast feeding pillow. It's called, My Brest Friend. Ha. I was using a Boppy for the first few days, but the My Brest Friend pillow wraps all the way around me and stays in place, so I like it better than the Boppy. (The Boppy is still great for laying Addi in and propping her up, I'm just not a fan of it for breastfeeding).

Milestones/Firsts: Well, pretty much everything she does is a first since, you know, she's never done ANYTHING before. Ha. But my favorite "first" is her smiling. In the beginning, she smiled when she had gas or was filling a diaper, but right around 1 month, I'm pretty sure she started smiling in response to people. Whatever the reason that causes it, I love seeing that smile!

Likes/Dislikes: She likes her pacifier. Pretty much since she was about 4 days old, she loves sucking on the paci. She has a long tongue and loves sucking, so she loves the paci. She is a pretty easy going baby, and not much bothers her. However, she doesn't like being cold after a bath (but what baby likes being cold and wet)? The bath itself doesn't bother her, just when she gets out.

Things I don't want to forget: Her tongue! She loves her tongue. The moment she was born, she had her tongue out. She sleeps with her tongue out, and she often sticks her tongue out while she's awake. In fact, she even looks a little different when her mouth is closed since it happens to rarely.


No comments: