Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Baby Girl - Week 40


Baby Blog

How Far Along:  40 weeks – DUE DATE – let’s get this show on the road!

Maternity Clothes: Always.

Best Moment This Week: My mom came to town on Friday. It’s weird to think that she’s here for the purpose of Baby Girl’s birth. I’m so excited to have her here for the birth – now if only Baby Girl would come out!

Also, the looks on people’s faces when I told them I was due “tomorrow” made me laugh!

Gender: Girl!

Movement: Still moving around in there. Her movements are more like rolls or twists because she’s just about out of room, but I still feel her. Plus, she often gets the hiccups still.

Size and Development: Baby Girl is the size of a Jackfruit (who comes up with these foods)? Her hair and nails keep growing, and her lungs keep developing. (Read: She’s done baking, so let’s get this kid out of me)!!!

Food Cravings: Soda and ice cream – you know, really healthy foods. HA.

What I Miss: I know I’ve said it for a few weeks, but I mainly miss just feeling like myself. I’m ready to have this kid out of me so I can move and function like normal.  

Sleep: Sleep is ok. I’m always tossing and turning, but still sleeping soundly when I am asleep. Every few nights, I’ll wake up for about an hour, and it’ll take me awhile to get back to sleep. This is usually due to heartburn or having trouble breathing because my lungs are being squished.

What I am looking forward to: Meeting Baby Girl and finally revealing her name! I can’t wait to introduce her to everyone and share the name we’ve been keeping a secret for so long!

Symptoms: Lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, heartburn (mainly due to the spicy foods I’ve been eating to try to get labor going), being emotional, and fatigue.

You Know Your Pregnant When: Your husband helps you put on and tie your shoes because it’s too hard to lean over to do it yourself.
People’s mouth’s drop when you tell them you’re “due tomorrow,” because they can’t believe your walking, talking, and functioning as a normal human being.

 

No comments: