Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hello From San Diego!

Well - it's official - we are San Diegans.

It took us awhile to actually get here, but we are here and in the process of getting settled. We left Indiana on August 7th, spent 5 days driving, and got into Sacramento on August 11th.

We had a blast spending time with our two families and catching up with our friends for what we thought was going to be two weeks.

After two weeks had past, we still hadn't found a place to live, so we decided that Chris would go down to San Diego early to start his job on September 1st, then I would go the next week. We ran into a few snags along the way, but we made it.

As for a place to live - God has blessed us beyond what we could have dreamed. I'm a worrier by nature, so I was surprised by how unusually calm I was about the whole situation. From the beginning, I just had this peace and trust that God would provide for us a place to live. I guess I figured that if he got us a job and was going to have us move across the country, he would find us a place to live. However, as the days wore on, I was starting to have thoughts that God was cutting things a bit close. But of course - since he's God and all and his timing is perfect - he did provide.

The weekend before Chris came down we got an e-mail from a couple who used to attend Skyline Church (the church where Chris now works), and they had just moved to Tennessee. They told us that they had heard about us from someone in the church and heard we needed a place to live. They are short selling their house, so their house is currently sitting empty. They offered for us to live in their home for DIRT CHEAP! It's a 2400+ square foot home on the top of a hill 2 miles from the church. We were blown away at the opportunity. During this time of waiting and looking for a home, I was trying to refrain from giving God "ideas" of what he could do to provide. I'm a "fixer," and I wanted to "help" God figure this one out, but I tried really hard not to. The ironic thing about me wanting to "help" is that I would have never imagined this as a solution to our housing problem - this was no where on my radar. In fact, I didn't even really realize you could live in someone's home while they are selling it. We are able to stay here until they sell the house or we find a place we want to move to permanently, whichever comes first. Not only are we blessed to be able to live here for a time, but we are able to save so much money while we live here. This is especially a blessing since I don't have a job right now. Once I find a job, we will be able to save even more. YAY!

So needless to say, I've been reminded yet again how I need to trust God and not try to "help" him - he's got it.

Chris is LOVING his job, but is still trying to figure things out as he goes. He works with some great people, and we are enjoying getting to know them all.

I've been pretty much just cleaning, unpacking, setting things up, etc. I'm also job hunting, although the house has been taking home most of my time. Some days I have to remind myself that I actually live in this beautiful city. It's quite large, so I'm still trying to get to know the area, but so far - we love it here.

Please be in prayer for us as we continue to get adjusted. Also, please pray that I find a job. I'm trusting that the Lord has the perfect place for me, and it will work in his timing. In the meantime, I'm enjoying being a stay-at-home wife. Finally, please pray for us as we build relationships and get involved in ministry. Chris and I are excited to develop some close relationships with people and to really dive into ministry.

We love you all and appreciate your prayers and support as we have made this transition.

Love,
The Newest San Diegan



No comments: