Sunday, March 16, 2014

Three Months




3 Months
Weight: 13lbs 4oz
Height: 26in

Sleep: Her sleep hasn’t changed much. She’s still waking up 1-2 times a night. We went out of town (with a time difference), she got sick, and we had the time change all in one week, so it really threw her off and messed up her sleeping schedule. Luckily, she got back to normal pretty quickly.


Size/Diaper: She’s in 3 month clothes and size 1 diapers. She can fit some 0-3 month clothes  and some 3-6 month, but the 3 month sizes seem to fit her best.

Diet: Breast milk. Chris and I always joke about what Addi would order for dinner. “I’ll start with a bowl of breast milk bisque. Then I’ll have the breast milk soufflé with a side of breast milk, and I’ll finish with some frozen breast milk.” Ha. It cracks us up every time.

Baby Gear Love: Swing. We have the Ingenuity swing. It’s blue/tan and has an elephant mobile. It swings, vibrates, plays music, and has auto shutoff if it’s been going for a long time. She really enjoys her swing, and it’s not too heavy to move around the house. Another great feature is that it folds flat. We packed it when we drove to Arizona last week, and it fit just fine.

Milestones/Firsts: She hasn’t really hit any major milestones, but her neck is getting much stronger. When she’s on her stomach, she can push her whole chest off the ground. She’s also been trying to sit up. If I lean her against a pillow, she often tries to use her little baby abs to sit up. She’s also engaging with her play gym more. She tries to swat at the toys to make them make sounds and loves staring at them. 

Likes/Dislikes: She likes mornings. Every morning she’s super smiley and happy. She also likes being in the same room with us. She will start crying and whimpering if we walk out of sight, but as soon as we come back in view, she flashes one of her famous smiles. She dislikes having her nails clipped. She pretty much hates it when I mess with her hands at all (I’m constantly pulling lint out of her fingers). I think she just doesn’t like me to hold her hands still in order to cut her nails. But, man, those puppies hurt if I don’t keep them cut short.

Things I don’t want to forget: Her smile. I can’t get over how much she smiles. I get “morning smiles” every morning when she wakes up. When I pick her up from day care, she smiles at me. When I walk back into her view, she smiles at me. Those smiles just make me feel like a million bucks. Sometimes I think her face might explode because of how big she smiles. Her little eyes disappear, her mouth opens wide, and her tongue usually sticks out. It’s adorable!


Sleeping baby on her three month birthday.

Baby Girl trying to sit up. Use those baby abs! (This is Chris and my favorite sleeper of hers. We separately decided it was our favorite, and once we realized we both love it, we put her in it as much as possible. She is just so cute in it)!



No comments: